2007 has been one of the best years of my life. I thought that I’d take a look back at the year and all of the great adventures I’ve had.
As A Photographer:
- I had a photo I edited featured on the Yahoo! Earth Day website.
- I got my first photo on the cover of the Cornell Daily Sun.
- I made staff at The Sun a month later.
- I found my photo used in David Skorton’s biography on Wikipedia.
- I photographed Sandra Day O’Connor at a lecture during her visit to Cornell.
- I photographed Bob Woodward during a lecture he gave at Ithaca College.
- I photographed a bunch of other cool people as a Senior Photographer for The Sun.
As A Cornellian:
- I reveled in the freedom of the first Cornell Snow Day in many, many years.
- I developed a group project that brought in thousands of visitors from around the world overnight.
- I took advantage of a beautiful Ithaca spring.
As An Intern:
- I was offered an internship at Yahoo!.
- I went to California for the first time.
- I went hiking and surfing all in the same weekend.
- I recorded a podcast with other interns about music.
- My roommate and I fought a slug and won.
- I learned to live like a Californian.
As A Chef:
- I finally learned to cook!
- I hosted a dinner party for friends.
- I made a huge mess in an attempt to cook the perfect meal with my friend April.
Just As Me:
- I turned 21.
- I went to WordCamp.
- I discovered that there is a perfect job for me.
- My childhood dream came true when I got tickets to the Spice Girls concert for Feb ’08.
All in all, I’d say this has been a pretty successful year. I’ve done things I’d never dreamed of doing and I’ve met a lot of really amazing people along the way. I hope 2008 brings this much excitement and adventure!